Water Search and Rescue Team
The Water Search & Rescue Team is a voluntary search & rescue team that works on a pager call out system 24/7 365 days a year, the whole operation relies on the kindness of donations we receive, with out these we can not support the work we do.
We run our Water search and rescue team over a number of areas, we have our main hub site and a number of smaller teams.
Our Main operating team site is Gloucestershire, and surrounding counties.
Our Support hubs areas are: Bromley and the surrounding counties.
Our purpose is to provide response and operational support to the Fire Service, Police and Ambulance in a range of situations including;
- Responding nationally to flooding under the DEFRA Concept of Operations
- Water rescue incidents within the local area
- Local & widespread flooding
- Flood support to local communities including flood evacuation
- Searches for missing and vulnerable people
- Provide support during times of adverse weather conditions
- Provide support at water related incidents when required
Our objectives state we exist for public benefit, to train people to relieve suffering and distress amongst persons endangered by flooding or natural hazards.
With skills in search & rescue, water & flood rescue, rope rescue and advanced medical care LNC (WSART) always aims to deliver a fast, dynamic and professional team
Our Search and Rescue Team meets regularly to train, and all our members give up there time voluntary
Our Members also may be part of a Community First Responders Scheme
We aim to be an inclusive Water Search and Rescue Team where members of the LGBT community find welcome and the encouragement to develop their skills and support the community.
If you would like to know how much it cost to put a team on the road, click here